Running club meetings
Meetings are a great way to get to know fellow club members, share information and conduct club business that requires input from members.
Make meetings fun and enjoyable by:
- Minimising, or eliminating, the business content of meetings. Allow the committee to handle the day to day running of the club, rather than having boring and contentious general meetings where members wrestle over every last detail of its operation.
- Inviting a member or guest speaker to share their bushwalking or travel experiences
- Inviting the local bushwalking supplier to demonstrate their latest hiking products
- Inviting a speaker on environmental issues
- Asking the local physiotherapist to show you ways to keep fit and healthy through stretching and exercise prior to bushwalks
- Holding a quiz night
- Enjoying a cup of tea over supper after the meeting
- Holding a BBQ or picnic